Friday, November 29, 2013

No. 670: Floette

Topic of the day - Which Pokemon would be good to eat, like say, for Thanksgiving?

So, at least this one is more Pokemon than prop. Looks cute, with the twintails and spade-shaped standy bit down there.

But, it aggravatingly remains purely Fairy-type. Why? It's very obviously got a flower in its hands, and is green and biz. Why not Fairy/Grass? would that have been too much? It would have been very nice with that, but as it is it's just a pleasant design with a strange typing.

Maybe I'll take this time to vent a little about how the Fairy Type didn't really help matters that much. I mean, sure, it provided something else for Poison and Steel to be good against, and gave another option for Dealing with Dragos (an excellent series of novels btw), but why did it have to be good against Dark and Fighting, as well? Fighting I can see, it's a very strong offensive type with only two weaknesses, but Dark? Dark is only good for slapping spirits and spiritualists, and does that job only slightly better than Ghost. But urg, I found my Dark types getting wrecked by random Moon Blasts left and right in my runthrough.

I guess they made it just so that all the little girls could run their girly-ass Pokemon and wreck the big bad coolguy Pokemon that their older brothers ran. I'd still rather have a rebalancing of the whole chart, honestly.

what were we talking about? Which Pokemon to eat? I want to eat a Luvdisc, I believe I've mentioned this before. it just looks like it would make a nice steak. Or maybe a Farduckeotto would be good. That's a Farfetch'd stuffed inside a Psyduck stuffed inside a Pidgeotto, btw.


Overall: 5/10

4 comments:

  1. Delibird. I know it's Santa, but I believe Deli is short for DELICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanilluxe, come on, how obvious is that? Even if it's not summer, ice cream treats are boss.

    There's also steamed Crawdaunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark types are defeated by fairies, because good always triumphs over evil in fairy tales. Also Dark types had only two weaknesses. It was made one of fairy's super effective types to stop spiritomb and sableye.
    I would probably eat a blaziken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I bitched often about the type and still do, the idea behind the strengths and weaknesses is really clever in my humble opinion

    It is all about (Fairy) Tales
    The "Dragon" gets defeated by the good magic of "fairy"
    The Good magic of fairies prevail over the darkness of evil.
    And rough fighter can not stand up to the rightious.

    Thats baiscally how most if not all Fairy tales with good endings are about. Dragons are evil and brutes get their ass handed, while fairies support the good natured.

    While progress and technology of the modern world kills of the faries with their pollution

    (Though I am not sure if they resist bug, or if psychic are no longer weak against them is a nother thing)

    ReplyDelete