Friday, December 13, 2013

Poodonkulous Remix Changelog Route 113-115, Meteor Falls, and Jagged Path


I know it's been a while, and many of you may have outpaced these logs, but here's the next batch anyway! This should take you til the 4th gym badge. For those just tuning in, this is my romhack of Emerald, find out more about it here. I recommend you read that for some information, but a direct link to the download of everything you need can be found below.

Pokemon Emerald: Poodonkulous Remix ver_01

anyway, onto the changes!
  • Skarmory - Speed and HP boosted
  • Vibrava line - type changed to Bug/Dragon, learns Silver Wind, Bug Bite, Bug Blitz, and Dragon Claw
  • Gastly line - type changed to pure Ghost (dropped the Poison subtype), learns new move Voodoo, evolves to Haunter at level 25 and Gengar at level 44.
NEW MOVE: Voodoo - Ghost, 50 special power, chance of lowering target's defense. uses the animation from Curse, which I always found to be a pointlessly complicated and useless move.
  • Shroomish - Attack and Sp. Attack boosted, evolves to Breloom at level 29
  • Breloom - Sp. Atk greatly boosted, Speed boosted, Def significantly reduced
  • Zubat line - learns Poison Fang at level 30, evolves to Crobat at level 32, learns Sludge Bomb and Toxic
  • Meditite line - HP boosted, learns Raging Demon and Brick Break
  • Sableye - HP greatly boosted (from 50 to 130), Sp. Atk and Speed significantly boosted, learns Shadow Punch and Crunch
  • Murkrow - HP, Def, and Sp. Def boosted, learns Aeroblast and re-tooled Beat Up, which is now a Fury Attack-style move, with 30 power each. It's a less gimmicky take on it, but should provide Dark types with some high-level STAB.
  • Deoxys is on route 115, have fun getting to it. Also Jirachi is in the Meteor Falls area.

11 comments:

  1. lol, you can't even spell your own made up word

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you pretty much just buff up and change the game locations of pokemon? Or is there something else I missed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, it's all outlined in that first post, but yeah. buffed pokemon, new moves, phys/spec split, more pokemon found in-game with a better dispensation.

      that's why I'm calling it a remix, because I'm not actually altering the plot or region itself, just making my ideal vision of what Emerald could be.

      Delete
  3. Spoiler:
    Yo, I just caught a Regirock in the dessert... from the wild. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I caught Regirock in the desert, awesome! But he knows Voodoo and when I use it, it affects himself? I mean, Regirock takes damage and sometimes lowers his own Sp. Def. The opponent is never affected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. strange. I used Curse as the base for Voodoo, but I thought I changed the effect properly. it's supposed to be an offensive move, instead of the garbage that Curse was.

      maybe it has other internal values? if you can, try catching a Duskull and see what Voodoo does when used by a Ghost-type.

      Delete
    2. Opposing Pokemon, Ghost and non-Ghost types, use Voodoo properly. I have caught a Duskull, I'll try and see

      Delete
  5. Ok, it works for my Duskull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very strange. especially since you report other pokemon using it on you just fine...

      I'm looking at my stuff, and I see no reason why it shouldn't work as the "deals damage and sometimes lowers target's sp. def" all the time.

      If there are any other non-ghosts that can use it (I honestly forgot if I gave it to anyone else) then I'd be curious as to if they have the same problems.

      Delete
  6. will the changelog ever be finished?

    ReplyDelete