Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mega Evolution No. 1: Mega Venusaur

Okay, I took my break, washed behind my ears, paid off my debtors, changed my name, and buried that body. I mean, uh, hiatus over. time to get back to work.

gwuh. jesus, Venusaur, what happened? did you not shave for two weeks, either? you're lookin a little overgrown there, buddy.

This is seriously one of the lamest ones of them all. another set of leaves that you almost completely miss, and some little flower-thing on his head. I question if its even a flower, because it clearly has no stamen, it's like a flower decal he glued on there. lazy bum.

I think this guy represents my overall critique of the Mega Evolutions - what's the point? Venusaur was already a thing, this isn't improving on it in any meaningful way except I guess stats, but like, Venusaur isn't really BAD, is he? Half-assed new form tacked on that just looks dumb.


Overall: 3/10

ps - these scores will not affect Venusaur's rating, as these forms are completely optional. They also might not be factored into the Kalos region's summary, I'm not sure how I want to handle that yet.

2 comments:

  1. Also wish to point out he has a flower on his butt as well. Unsure why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should have made his front legs longer, meaning he's taller in the front than in the back, like a giraffe. That means his palm tree-flower thing can lean a little towards his head, to rectify its angle.

    And then when Venusaur bends his forelimbs and perks up his butt, the flower will...dun dunDUNNN, it will be pointing forward and Venusaur can fire his Solar Beam straight off the middle of the flower instead of fromhisfuckingmouth!

    ReplyDelete