Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cilan of Striation Gym

oh god what day is it. what year is it. HAVE I REALLY BEEN ASLEEP FOR SO LONG!?

Yeah, sorry about that. Came down with a bad case of "new job" and though I remain unfortunately employed, I would feel awful letting an entire month go by without a single post.

A pity Cilan is what I have waiting for me. This rutabaga of a human being is so utterly devoid of personality, one might confuse him for a bit of topiary, or perhaps an unusually large speck of dust on your glasses.

His name is Cilan because his Japanese name is Dent and that doesn't make any goddamn sense. Cilantro is at least something related to plants, which he uses. Also he replaced Brock in the anime, for some unknown reason.

But mostly I hate that he's a waiter. I have a pathological hatred of waiters, especially hoity-toity ones like this. He probably expects a 25% tip regardless of his service. Tough luck, chump - just as I balk at sales tax, I balk at tipping. Oh, of course I do it, but I hate it.

"Oh don't mess with waiters they'll spit in your food" I hear you say. Screw that noise, no other profession has to be bribed to NOT be a total ass. I'm sorry you aren't paid well enough, maybe you should unionize and do something about it. Just mark up those "tips" into the menu ahead of time and we'll go from there. I hate the feeling of buying a nice 10 dollar meal and then having to scrounge around for the extra dollar fiddy. Europe, despite being our backwards cousins in other regards, at least has this figured out.

So yeah Cilan can choke on it. But he gets a bonus point because his brothers are even worse.


Overall: 2/10

4 comments:

  1. yay, you started again! Wonderful. I check your blog nearly daily just out of habit and am really glad when there's something new :)

    Keep them coming!

    - Juvar

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you posted today there was a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may just be one of your funniest entries yet, just because I didn't except your commentary on tipping waiters. Writer just went all Mr. Pink, lol

    ReplyDelete