Monday, December 5, 2016

No. 732: Trumbeak

is this bird wearing lipstick

I ended up actually using my Trumbeak somewhat, because he learned Brick Break and some other move, ending up with quite a bit of versatility. And also because, in an effort to only build a team around new Pokemon, there's slim pickings on the first island.

But I mentioned before that I'm going to start taking a Pokemon's animations into account, since they are no longer designed to communicate everything about them in one still image. And usually that means better things, you can see their gimmicks or design facets that weren't apparent.

But Trumbeak actually gets worse with animations - I've never seen a bird pucker up and blow a kiss before, but now I have and it's goofy as hell. Beaks don't work that way, and if you wanted him to have a trumpet for a beak then maybe just make it like that from the start. Have we had any pokemon that are made to look like musical instruments before? Might be neat, actually.

Anyway, Trumbeak had a chance to stand out a bit from the rest of his filthy avian cousins by pushing the woodpecker theme, but instead of getting a drill beak he flaps that thing open and plays a tune. Well, he may as well play his own funeral march because he is dead to me now.


Overall: 1/10

5 comments:

  1. *ahem*


    .....kricketune

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....I have totaolly forgotten about that one....

      Delete
    2. DELELELELELELELELELELELELELE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

      Delete
  2. As for Pokemon made to look like musical instruments, how about Chingling/Chimecho? Bells and chimes count right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was specifically thinking wind instruments, but I guess yeah we have a bell and some bullshit violin. :P

    ReplyDelete