Tuesday, December 10, 2013

No. 674: Pancham

I thought this guy was Fighting/Grass for the longest time, because I thought up just such a Pokemon a few years ago

He's still a scrappy little guy, with hell of attitude. but what's with the leaf? I mean, I know it's for some reason a trope for a delinquent to chew on a stem of grass, but why? Hibari's underling in Reborn! did it, Mako Makanshoku did it in her 2-star uniform, and I know I've seen it elsewhere.

It just seems like such a random thing to signify "tough guy". "oh yeah look at me I'm chewing the hell outta this grass, probably beat up a tree to get it, yeah I'm BAD"

anyway, Pancham is really cool. simple obvious colors, haven't really seen a panda before, that green acts as a focal point and draws it all together. no real complaints whatsoever, it's just excellent. and no, I'm not biased because I've wanted a fighting panda for a while now. (well maybe just a little)


Overall: 10/10

6 comments:

  1. Trees are gigantic and hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also blonde, spiky hair symbolize "delinquents" in Japan...

    I'm not sure how I'm contributing, but I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "haven't really seen a panda before"

    Spinda. But yeah, this one is much much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinda always looked like a rabbit to me. I know it's the "Spot Panda" Pokémon, but it's got rabbit ears and a little rabbit tail. I just can't see a panda in that.

      Delete
  4. 7 years later, letting you know "what's with the grass"..... you see, pandas... eat... bamboo... and it is.. a.... bamboo leaf.... pangoro has a bamboo sprig.... you know, because they are............. pandas.................

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pokemon is just annoying. A little brat that deserves a good butt kicking. Take that stupid leaf out of your mouth and go play in traffic you little turd. I wouldn’t mind if team rocket got away with stealing this one.

    ReplyDelete