Thursday, May 11, 2017

No. 780: Drampa

What the hell does Normal/Dragon even mean, really?

I'm kinda tired of things picking up Normal as a sub-type, but then I don't like the concept of Normal as a type existing at all. I've ranted about it in the past, go find that. Now it's the time to roast this geriatric bitch.

Go back to Wind Waker, you claymation bastard. Those eyes display no signs of life, and I know somebody just rolled up little bits for your hair and eyebrows. Looking unbalanced af, like he'll fall over if he wasn't gripping the ground in front of him with full strength. Where's the rest of the body? He's got arms hidden under that feather-fluff, but not nearly enough junk in the trunk to balance it out.

I can only imagine what the design process was for Drampa:
"okay we need just 1 more Pokemon to fit the quota"
"but we've done everything"
"c'monnnnnn just 1 more"
"okay...... what about...... a dragon? that's an old man? sorry dude I'm tapped"
"that's horrible, but it's late as hell. Sure, write it down. Tell the modelers to make it look like it was made out of Sculpee, I don't give a shit."


Overall: 1/10

4 comments:

  1. I figured that since you loved my first favorite of the region (Salazzle) you'd like my other favorite. Nope. This is disappointing. Drampa's design is lovable and creative - he's Falkor from the Neverending Story, or Puff the Magic Dragon, or any of those old childhood friend dragons. Just check out the cute as shit Pokedex entries.

    I agree that Normal/Dragon is a weird typing if you stop and think about it, but as someone who desperately craves a Pokemon for every type combo, it appeases me. Overall real bummed that you don't like this adorable old man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you liking bad Pokes and hating good Pokes this gen, dude?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really handing out 1/10s too much this gen, dude. Like, even to Pokémon that are pretty good. Now, I like Drampa,because he reminds me of Falco.

    ReplyDelete