Monday, July 14, 2014

Mega Evolution No. 25: Absol

lookin' pretty scene, Abby.

This would be a case of "you just glued shit to the old Pokemon", except that there's just so MUCH new shit. And most of it looks pretty natural and good.

I dig the hair tufts on the legs, and on the chest. The wings look really soft and feathery, much like the hair. And the tail spike looks like a bat wing or something, contrasting with the angelic wings, which goes back to the Yin/Yang idea. So that all ties together nicely.

the uneven horns and hair over one eye are hella deviantart, though. But I guess that was always sort of Absol's deal. And of course, it's supposed to look like a yingyang or whatever. I can deal with it.

I think this Mega is fairly unique in that it could easily stand on its own, if Absol hadn't existed. It looks like a complete product all to itself. so that's worth something, I guess. I still maintain that anyone who has Absol as their favorite Pokemon invariably has horrible taste in music and boyfriends, but that's besides the point.


Overall: 8/10

1 comment: