Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Mega Evolution no. 37: Camerupt

I swear I thought this was one of those slug Pokemon at first

Yeah, I'm not really feeling that fringe, dude. Makes you look like the Scrubbing Bubbles mascot. People will be wanting you to come over and walk around their house, just to clean it up.

Anyway, Mega Camerupt at least gets the basic concept right - if your previous form was a volcano, then the next step up is obviously an erupting volcano. And in a clever twist, turns the random blue circles into rings of lava.

It also has an M on its forehead, which of course stands for Marlon Brando, well known to be Camerupt's favorite actor.

Really, I just don't like the sillhouette it casts, that fringe screws it all up. I get that they wanted it to look like a full mountain, but that's not a good look.


Overall: 5/10

3 comments:

  1. They can keep the curtain of long fur, but make the neck and legs longer. Then it'll really look like a dromedary camel with a volcano hump, like how it always should have. Now it really just looks like a cow with a tumor.

    And they can make Camerupt lie down on the floor and tuck its head in whenever it's about to go off. It'll look like a volcano then. Stand up, a camel with volcano hump. Lie down, a volcano. Stand up, a camel with volcano hump. Lie down...you get what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shit dogg I'm getting tired just listening to you talk about lying down and getting up so much. do I look like I exercise!?

      Delete
  2. My issue is his hair. On the top of his head. What. The hell. Is that. I don't recall him looking so dumb with a bad haircut before.

    ReplyDelete