Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Alolan Vulpix

When we heard there would be regional forms for the new tropical region, I don't think anyone expected new Ice types.

But by God, am I glad we got them. Alolan Vulpix doesn't have a neat spin on it like Sandshrew, where becoming an igloo made perfect sense, but it still looks perfect anyway. I could totally believe this was the original concept, a little snowy fox. The 6 tails lose a little distinction, but they end up looking like a snow drift, so that even works out. If every Alolan form were reinventions of this quality, I'd be a very happy man.

I just feel sorry for poor little Alolan Vulpix, it is pure and adorable and needs to be protected from the internet deviantart creeps. I know it's happening, I can feel it in my bones. Knock it off, you guys. I said STOP.


Overall: 8/10 -> 10/10

4 comments:

  1. I clicked the link to check the original review: that one is an 8/10. Faulty memory, typo, or revision?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just chalk it up to "the Mandela Effect", that's popular these days.

      Delete
  2. "When we heard there would be regional forms for the new tropical region, I don't think anyone expected new Ice types."

    Do you mean in the five seconds between Alolan Exeguttor and Alolan Vulpix? :P

    Nice review, this thing is cute as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Possibly my favourite Alolan form. I don't normally buy toys for myself, but I just had to get a figure of this little guy for my desk. So cute! 😊

    ReplyDelete