Thursday, January 10, 2019

Beta No. 214, 215 & 216: Lefmew, Dandemew & Cottomew

WHOAH EVERYBODY CAT PLANET TONIGHT YEAH





Doing all three of these furballs at once, because I would just be repeating myself.

so yeah, I think I can tell right off the bat why this line was changed. There's barely any progression from start to finish! They all look like the In-Training forms of Digimon. And they're all cute, sure, but I expect my Pokemon to at least achieve something on part with a Digimon's Champion form by the 3rd evolution.

Weirdest part is, the Hoppip line they came up with barely shows progression, either. At least it's more clearly a dandelion, instead of getting confused with the cotton plant toward the end.

Also interesting to note that the Lefmew family are supposed to be cats - the :3 face, the tail, the ears - but Hoppip, Jumpluff, and Skiploom are just generic plant-monsters. I think the dandelion concept works, and they can be cats, but they just needed to GROW. It's a shame, because Lefmew in particular is pretty good, but the promise goes nowhere.

Lefmew: 8/10

Dandemew: 2/10

Cottomew: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment