Friday, April 16, 2021

No. 879: Copperajah

 the Minecraft pokemon

I hate that Copperajah is so blocky. It just reminds me of that awful Pokemon Quest game, which asked the question "What if we made a game with an even uglier art style than the Rumble games?"


The way its toenails are just a part of the leg itself, looking painted instead of natural, pisses me off. I know it's a Steel type, so it's allowed to look unnatural and synthetic, but somehow I just don't think it needed a rectangular ass body with sharp corners. And french fry tusks. What's infuriating is that the rocks on its head are plenty bumpy, so it doesn't even maintain the perfect cubic aesthetic.

And it's a shame, because the colors are great,and I think if it was just allowed to be more elephant-shaped instead of refrigerator-shaped I'd really dig it.


Overall: 4/10

8 comments:

  1. Kind of like this redesign? pinterest.com/pin/832321574871441735/

    ReplyDelete
  2. His art even has the same pose as Pikachu and Eevee in Pokémon Quest lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like this generation killed all of his enthusiasm ://. Hope you're doing well at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new Arceus trailer dropped, hope this makes you resuscitate again

    ReplyDelete