Tuesday, February 18, 2014

No. 687: Malamar

Only 2 so far this month? Unacceptable. One a day from here on out, I'm disgusted with my own work ethic.

You don't often see squids represented with their actual head as their body, so this is kinda neat. I feel like it's got a little bit too many colors going on, though - two shades of purple, white, pink, blue, and yellow lights? tone it down, guy. He's like the Liberace of the cephalopod kingdom.

speaking of those lights, I like that a lot. Bio-luminescence is an absolutely insane thing to me. I remember studying it in middle school and getting really impressed by squids. Like you can just do that? You can just choose to light up like Las Vegas and attract chicks? Sick.

anyway, Malamar looks evil and deserves its Dark type for sure. The Contrary ability is wild, you can just throw something like Superpower out there, and it'll actually buff you. alright, maybe that isn't exactly wild, but if you're easily impressed you might think so.


Overall: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment