Wednesday, February 26, 2014

No. 692: Clauncher

This guy right here was the reason I bought X instead of Y

Because I think you know by now, if there's one thing I love, it's cacti. But if there's two things I love, it's cacti and crustaceans. And finally, at long last, a pistol shrimp Pokemon? you better believe I'm on that.

First off, we're blue instead of red. There are actually blue lobsters in places, like Slovenia or something I'm not sure, but more important, Krabby and Corphish are both red. So already we're setting ourselves apart. Add in some snazzy black and yellow highlights, and you got a unique color scheme that remains simple and attractive.

and of course we can't ignore that Big 'Ol Claw. just kinda hanging off to the side there. Like a piece of fried chicken. but seriously, it's fine. Perhaps it could have been bigger, but as we'll see, that's best left to the evolution. all in all, Clauncher is a damn fine Pokemon that makes me glad I still play these games.


Overall: 9/10

3 comments:

  1. Everyone likes Clauncher, but I by far like Skrelp's line. It's why I bought Y over X. Clauncher is so...bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been six days now. This is the last time you will break my heart Straw Hat Samurai.

    ReplyDelete