Sunday, January 11, 2015

Roxie of Virbank City

Punk Rock Girl! What do you see? Punk Rock Girl! Please look at me!

Anybody with a Scolipede guitar is pretty damn cool. Roxie combines this with an oversized sweater and boots, for a certainly unique appearance.

She's a Poison-type trainer, which is unusual, since it's one of the last popular types and Gamefreak tends to associate it only with villains. But I think it works well, in being both somewhat edgy but also appealing, like Roxie herself.

Also that's a strange combination of black, blue, and purple that I don't think I've seen before. Things like this make Roxie much better than Lenora (who she replaced), and actually I quite like her. I think it would be different if she were a Tank Girl-style punk, or like Poison from Street Fighter, but a little girl trying to be hardcore but her dad won't let her? now that's interesting.


Overall: 9/10

2 comments:

  1. also, the music in the background is A+

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like my 5th or 6th read through of your shit, and I've loved your blog for years. Since I've never said it before, I'll say it now: quoting the Dead Milkmen made me love you on a personal level. Quote Weezer some time and I'll straight up propose.

    ReplyDelete