Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Gen 7 Plans

So, like I did with Gen 6, I'm going to wait until Sun and Moon come out and I've played them a bit before I go in on the ratings. Especially don't want to jump in and conclusively rate peeps when I haven't even seen their full evolutionary line yet.

Though I gotta say, so far I'm not getting a good feeling about the new crop. Nobody jumps out at me yet, and a few seem actively terrible. I hope to be proven wrong, but I guess we'll see! Looking forward to the Alola region, though. Finally a game is set in a place I've lived, so it'll be cool to see what they do with the landmarks and culture and stuff.

In other news, how bout dat Pokemon Go? Seems really simplistic, but it's a neat idea at least. I want to see Pokemon from more than just Gen 1, too.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind if I made a blog similiar to this? Like, reviewing pokemon designs, discussing personal experiences and biases and stuff. It seems like a really fun idea, and a good way to spend time without fully wasting it. If you're not okay with it, though, I'll refrain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, dude! Make sure to drop me a link so I can check it out, too.

      Delete
  3. Hey, will you be reviewing the Alola forms as well? Some of them look awesome (Sandslash, Ninetails, Marowak), and some are just horrible (Exeggutor). I'd like to see some reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet I will be! In my mind, they're essentially new Pokemon, and deserving their own entry.

      Delete
  4. This generation is getting fucking insane. I mean, first you have Type: Null, which not only has an unusual name, but is apparently made of parts from other Pokemon. Then you have yet another kind of Pokemon called Ultra Beasts. Then the Alola forms. I think my brain is going to explode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gamefreak is going bugfuck crazy and I cannot wait to rant about it all

      Delete