Saturday, December 22, 2018

Beta No. 203: Tripstar

ah, the mascot for the often-forgotten Team Three Star

Tripstar is the beta form of Ledian, and I think I know why it was upgraded. This guy just looks too much like Ledyba, it's hardly an evolution. And "Three Star Ladybug" sounds like a Yu-Gi-Oh card.


I appreciate that this artwork gives him little gloves in an attempt to beef up the design, but there's only so much you can do. Maybe if they wanted a mid-stage between Ledyba and Ledian? And carry the star-shaped spots over? There's potential... but it's definitely not being realized at the moment.


Overall: 3 stars (out of 10)

1 comment:

  1. I believe it's supposed to be a different version, actually, not an evolution. Like, you know how invasive species of "ladybird beetle" overtake the native species? I think this little guy was supposed to be the invasive species. I think that would have been a really cool concept, but maybe they thought having two ladybird Pokemon introduced in the same game was a little much. It'd be cool if they reintroduced it in the future, though!

    ReplyDelete