Sunday, November 3, 2019

10 years.

Wow.

10 freaking years.

I suppose it's not like I did anything to make 10 years pass, they would've passed regardless. And I haven't been active enough to qualify as "keeping this thing running" for 10 years of steady updates, but...

still. damn. 10 years.

10 years ago there were only 500 Pokemon. Now there's set to be over 1000, when you count the alternate forms and Megas and stuff.

10 years ago I was in high school. Now I'm out of college and employed full-time.

10 years ago Nintendo was still riding high on the DS and Wii. Now we've come through the dark times of the WiiU into the success of the Switch.

10 years ago I loved Pokemon.



Now, I still do, despite everything I might say.



I just saw the leaks for the new Pokemon, and there's some good ones in there. I'm finally allowing myself to start to get excited for Sword & Shield. I'll be here to review them, for any of you loyal NAPACE readers who are still hanging around. I can't promise it'll be on a regular schedule, but I'll do at least this one last generation for all of you. Not sure if there's much point in continuing past, since it'll be another few years until a new generation, and the site would be silent for all of those years... but hey. Someone's gotta tell you knuckleheads which ones of these Pokemon are any good, right!?

Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. Just for the record: I am completely fine with no activity between the generations and you coming back again afterwards. As opposed to stopping after this generation, I mean. I use RSS. I'll know when you upload something, no matter how long it's been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you, mysterious Straw Hat Samurai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following since 2011. I'll always be here. Thank you for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Repost because I made a typo, I suck:
    I absolutely love your blog, and I’m glad to hear you’ll continue for generations to come. It’d be heartbreaking If you stopped forever after 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to see you back, looking forward for the reviews of the new pokemon. Most of them suck, but there are some great ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your blog. always looked foward to your cool and funny posts. thx for sticking around this long.

    ReplyDelete