Friday, December 2, 2022

Pokemon Violet First Thoughts vol. 6

 I realize I haven't been keeping you updated on my team, but that's because I don't even know what my team is, myself! There's like 15-ish peeps I want to use, and I've raised all the contenders up to level 50 so that I can compare stats and fix their natures.

Oh yeah, you can just buy nature mints in this game! As well as vitamins, all before even finishing the 8th gym. Finally, a good way to spend all that money you inevitably end up with, thanks to picking up treasures all over the place. And I picked up a fair number of mints, vitamins, and feathers, too.

anyway, here's the Pokemon I'm considering (as usual, I only want to use new-gen Pokes):

  • Muchacho the Skeledirge
  • Crossbones the Clodsire
  • Edge.exe the Ceruledge
  • Mindy the Tinkaton
  • Shadowfall the Lokix
  • Sgt. Peppers the Scovillain
  • Thunderbird the Kilowattrel
  • Minos the Paldean Tauros
  • Nefertari the Espathra
  • Jewel the Rabsca
  • H.G. Wells the Toedscruel
  • Unchained the Annihilape
  • Neo-Spacian the Palafin
  • Spooky the Glimmora
Additionally, I have a Pawniard who will eventually become a Kingambit, and an Arctibax who has one more evolution to go. But while I did look up the evolution methods & levels for everybody, I haven't really seen the designs yet. They seem strong, but if I don't jive with your design, you gotta hit the bricks. That's what happened to my Pawmot, who held it down for most of the early-game as a valuable Electric/Fighting type. Your services were appreciated, RIB (Rest In Box).

by the way, it's worth mentioning that I've raised up all these guys without much undue effort. Really, it's a side-effect of there being TOO much exp going around - even with wild encounters being more optional than ever! But it was like this in SwSh, where I ended up with 2 distinct teams that I swapped members between, and got all 12 of them Championship ribbons. Maybe I'll have 3 teams, this time around? I know some people complain about the Exp Share, but if you end up over-leveling that's just your hint to start trying out more Pokemon. It encourages catching and raising more than just 6, and I appreciate that. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love Pawmot. One of the best Pikaclones imo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'm super happy Primeape got an evolution! He was probably my favorite gen 1 fighting type tbh.

    I always have a Primeape on my team when I play Yellow

    ReplyDelete