Wednesday, March 22, 2023

No. 907: Floragato

el gato verde
A lot of people were apparently disappointed that Sprigatito's evolutions stood up. Personally, I don't really care, although I get how being quadrupedal makes it feel more like a monster and less like a character.

Regardless, Floragato rocks. The middle stage often comes across as an awkward halfway point, but Floragato nails the "teen badass" vibes like Charmeleon and Grovyle. That pink doohickey is actually a yo-yo, by the way. Kinda random, but it adds a twist beyond simply being a green cat. Wish it was better conveyed in the artwork, though.


Overall: 8/10

2 comments:

  1. Surprised you like this one given the standard for middle stages

    I haven't been able to get the game yet, and told myself I wanted to go In blind ( for some reason. Typically I look up the dex Immediately. ) but now that you're alive again I think It'll be fun to see the new mons this way... It'll take a year minimum, but we'll get there : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like whatever thir one's got going on down his chest. Too... frilly?
    Other than that they's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete