Monday, June 4, 2012

No. 454: Toxicroak

he's like the Mr. Hyde to Kermit the Frog's Dr. Jekyll.


Do toads have horns? I think they do sometimes. They don't really have claws, but Toxicroak grows a finger long, like pimps sometimes do so they can snort their cocaine better. Except then he uses it to stab and poison bitches. Which is decidedly more intense.

Like I said before, I have no problem with a busy design, and I like the color scheme (and how it stayed consistant), but I question the particular layout of the pattern. Those black lines resemble a g-string, to me. Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing a pimp-ass frog in a g-string, and it is sending me all sort of visual mix-ups.

I do think the little white underpants are funny, though.


Overall: 7/10

5 comments:

  1. Those white underpants look a lot like his teeth. Does that mean?.... Eww......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always looked at the "underpants" as bandages, making them more manly and justifiable. It would also fit with the fighting type. Looking at it now though, no matter what way you cut it, I guess its still technically underpants. Still one of my favorite pokemon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some frogs do have claws. In 7 days or so, you will get into the evolutions. Or as I call them, the Juhachinochoro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 18 what nows? I don't think Choro means what you think it means...

      Delete
    2. Sorry about that. I mistranslated it. It's supposed to say the Elders of 18. I think Choro is some Brazilian thing

      Delete