Monday, January 8, 2018

Kahili of the Alola Elite Four

more like Elite Fore amirite


This time, the Elite Four wasn't even set up until the end of the game. As such, the Professor called for the best in the land, and assembled a dream team. The Kahunas are there, except Nanu was invited, but was too based to show up. And Ponii Island doesn't really have a Kahuna. So also this heretofore unmentioned golfer chick is there to make up the numbers.

I can't decide if I like this whole format or not. On one hand, it's neat to know the reputations of the E4 members before you fight them, but maybe rematches are boring? Give me new characters! Or at least make them NPCs I know, but haven't fought.

As for Kahili hereself, she's alright! Wish we'd seen the actual golf course in-game, but she looks like a total pro, and connecting Flying types to Golf via the Eagle/Birdie terminology is genius. What's up with the Push-pop colored club, though? (don't yell at me, I know it's Toucannon flavored)

It's odd that she's the only fresh face, but I like her design well enough. Could use a little... something extra to really sell that she's a step above your average Ace Trainer or Gym Leader, but that's a hard ask when the rest of the E4 is literally composed of Gym Leader equivalents who didn't dress up for the occasion at all, lazy bums.


Overall: 7/10

3 comments:

  1. I just realized... we're in 2018! I hope this blog will still be around for the tenth anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will depend on Gamefreak... but I've already seen the first """leaks""" for Gen 8, so maybe they'll have something for us before too long?

      On the other hand, I can guarantee that at my pace even if they released Gen 8 tomorrow, with only 10 new Pokemon, I would somehow stretch that shit out another two years.

      Delete
  2. In moon you can meet her in the hotel at the second island, where she tels you that her father is the owner. I dunno if there is more in UM/US. I did meet her at the Flying-type Z-Stone shrine of the first isle, before actually defeating the elite 4, and it was kinda random?

    ReplyDelete