Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Kukui of the Alola Elite Four

The cream rises to the top, brother oh yeah

I thought Prof. Kukui was great, the first professor with an actual personality and role in the story since... maybe ever? I mean yeah I remember the other profs, because I make a damn Pokemon blog so I'm legally obligated to keep that minutia in my brain, taking up vital space that could be used to store things like my wife's birthday and the age of my children, but the point is that they kinda sucked.

And Kukui doesn't suck. I caught all the Macho Man/Ric Flair references he was throwing down, which play into my ground-breaking theory: Prof. Kukui IS the Masked Royal. I know it's hard to believe, but I think if you look at all the facts, you can see where I'm coming from.

anyway, having him play the role of the Champion for your first time attempting the Elite 4 makes sense - the thing is just cobbled together anyway, and really the purpose is just to crown you Champion, so why not play the role of final gatekeeper? On a side note, spinning further attempts as you "defending" your title against a variety of different challengers was brilliant. Especially when Youngster freaking Tristan steps up to the plate.

as for Kukui's design, it's fine. Perfectly fits a casual science bro who's as likely to jump in the water or wrestling ring as he is to conduct research. And that hat is just absolutely the sort of lame company hat that you're forced to wear. He definitely has a matching T-shirt that has the same logo and a slogan like "Alola - Because We Care" on it that he keeps buried in his closet. But mainly I love the guy for his personality and role in the story.


Overall: 10/10

2 comments:

  1. Not only is Kukui a rad dude, he's also got a rad hat.

    I would buy a hat like that.

    P.S. When are you getting around the the Skull bois and Aether peeps

    ReplyDelete