Saturday, January 6, 2018

Hapu of Poni Island

I was doing holiday things, and in Japan, and other stuff! Sorry for the break, let's get back to it and finish this stuff off, in the hopes of a Gen 8 announcement this year.


I was kinda disappointed with how Poni island just seemed like an afterthought. It's my beloved Kauai, yet they made it a dry, uninhabited canyon without really even proper trials. Still, Hapu is cute, so I guess it balances out.

I like her eyebrows and intense stare, she may be smol, but she tuff. Doesn't really look like a kahuna, but that's kind of the point - in fact, she doesn't actually take up the reins officially until you meet her in the story. But the design is nice, with great use of repeating rounded shapes. I want to put her in my pocket and then roll her down a hill!


Overall: 8/10

6 comments:

  1. You're back! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaay! Don't forget you still oughta do the Gen 7 summary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's also the new Ultra Beasts and whatnot in US/UM.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, my nigga. The 8th gen has already been announced, it's just that almost nothing was revealed besides the fact that it's going to be on Switch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD- I just realized, years late, that the islands are named after Hawaiian color words. I only remembered that poni is purple from my year in hawaiian kindergarten. PALLETTE TOWN THROWBACK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I can't believe I didn't catch that, but of course you're absolutely right. :o

      nice one!

      Delete