Thursday, November 29, 2018

Beta No. 197: Rinring

let's keep this cat train a'rolling, shall we?

I'm legitimately angry that Rinring didn't make it into the final game. I understand if they thought they already had a cat in Meowth, but Rinring is SO MUCH BETTER. In fact, better than any of the subsequent kitties they've developed - though it's not hard to be better than Glameow and Purrugly. I'd say Rinring and its evolution trump Purrloin, Espurr, Skitty, Meowstic, Litten, Velazquez, Monster Mash, Zoomacroom, Tony the Shrimp, Facer, Yellow, Otter Pop, the lot of 'em!


It's funny how often kittens are associated with bells in Japan. Not that nobody puts bells on their cats elsewhere, but how often do you see that as part of the generic Cartoon Cat Ensemble, right? Meanwhile, Japan brings out the catgirls with bells on. Rinring is hella cute and they need to make it canon!


Overall: 10/10

5 comments:

  1. I agree but I don't like this fanmade artwork one bit. It's all pointy and flat and has weird eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think Rinring evolved into Skitty, as it's also a cat fused with an element associated with cats (yarn ball). The bell could have been left out because of Chimecho.

    I can't blame you for liking it, since it almost looks like a real cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the fan art more than the sprite

    ReplyDelete