Wednesday, February 26, 2020

No. 821: Rookidee

Venom Bird

I'll come right out and say it - I don't like that its pupils extend past its eyeball. I know that the "pupil" is actually the entire eye and the "eyeball" is just coloration, intended to trick predators into thinking it has larger and scarier eyes. I'm aware that I'm being tricked like a dumbass cat into thinking this bird has bigger eyes than it does. I understand all this.

I still don't like it.

Everything else is fine, though. As far as generic birds go, this is one of the better ones. Especially because it's not even Normal/Flying - that's right, they finally made the regional bird PURE FLYING!!! It's a little thing, but I appreciate it.


Overall: 7/10

6 comments:

  1. Plus the colors! I g't this one and I was quite smitten by it's yellow color. Plus it's called a tit, which is, you know, great comedy.

    It also learns Power Trip, which gets more powerful with every stat upgrade. Using Hone claws to increase accuracy and attack in combination with that made you feel super powerful with the right setup time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm just gonna wonder for the rest of time why the other eight regional basic birds are Normal type while only this one gets to be pure Flying. They should have retconned the other early birds as well as others like Swablu so that they're pure flying. From a scientific perspective, what makes Rookidee special?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear to God if the next basic bird is Normal/Flying again I'm gonna lose it

      Delete
    2. Flying��is��not ��a type

      Delete
  3. At this point seeing a regular pokemon being pure flying just fucks me up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same, imo it made sense for it to be reserved for wind elementals like tornadus. tho swablu shouldve been pure flying

      Delete