Sunday, March 29, 2020

No. 826: Orbeetle

where my Mecha fans at, we eating good tonight

This thing has Getter Robo eyes, Victory V Gundam crests, and hits a Gunbuster pose when it attacks. It's the most mecha Pokemon ever, and it's not even a Steel type. I love it.

Orbeetle looks a bit awkwardly put together, both in this artwork and in its model, but the way its limbs are just dangling from the main body somehow works. Hovering like a UFO, opening up its wings and all the spots glowing with Getter Ray Energy, I fully expect it to launch an Itano Circus barrage of missiles.

Who's Ledian? never heard of 'im


Overall: 10/10

7 comments:

  1. Ooh boy do I not watch enough anime to get these references.

    Do you also get the feeling that the orb in Orbeetle is completely filled with its brain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is the next review gonna be G-Max Orbeetle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comparing Ledian and Orbeetle is proof that there are bad designs in the earlier games and very good ones in the recent generations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dottler but tbh i hate this design and far prefer ledian. I had dottler on my team for a while but ended up scrapping him for galarian meowth since i knew i wouldn't like what he evolved into. Tho the gmax is pretty cool, but it'll most likely be cut in future games anyway.

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't say Ledian is bad, actually. It's just that we haven't seen them since gen 2. At all.

    They're actually very different takes on the ladybug, which I think is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just imagine a Genesect general commanding a squadron of Orbeetle soldiers.

    ReplyDelete