Thursday, November 18, 2021

Galarian Stunfisk

"oh you missed some pokemon, oh you spelled Gigantamax wrong, oh you messed up your new scale" Look, who's writing this site, you or me!? Don't make me turn this blog around! (I joke, thank you for pointing out all the dumb mistakes I make)

It feels like every few generations, they have to create "mimic" Pokemon that look like a Pokeball in the overworld (and thus an item), but when you go to pick it up, they attack you. Voltorb, Foongus, and now Galarian Stunfisk. I'm calling it now - next time will be an anglerfish.

anyway, this guy's neat. I think it works better than normal Stunfisk, because the idea of a bear-trap makes more sense than a hidden electric pad or whatever. I think the green spots are meant to imitate footprints, to help it look safe. Although you can't even see them from the overworld.

Only weird thing is, the Mimicry ability changes its type based on the Terrain applied to the battle, but it doesn't really learn any terrain-changing moves! I guess it's for doubles?


Overall: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. "oh you missed some pokemon, oh you spelled Gigantamax wrong, oh you messed up your new scale"
    I feel attacked

    But since now I know you read my comments, I just wanna reiterate how great your work has been. Literally been reading this blog for almost as long as it's been around

    Perhaps the green patterns are supposed to look like leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beartrap + fish is such a goofy combination. I love it.

    Also back in your post on Yanmega you ended a sentence on a preposition.

    ReplyDelete