Friday, March 7, 2014

No. 695: Heliolisk

clever girl

Don't worry, the frill is still there. its all around its neck, and flares out like a giant victorian ruff when it attacks. But it also looks like a sun, thanks to those points on the edges of it.

Remember way back when, and I said there should be a Light Type? this would be a prime candidate for said type. Light/Electric. or Solar/Electric, or whatever. But it's a freaking solar-powered frilled lizard who can learn surf, so I'm not really complaining about a damn thing.

Oh yeah, it can learn Surf by the way. Why? perhaps its a reference to those real-life lizards that have sanic-tier speed, and can run on top of water. Or maybe it's just because Heliolisk is awesome and awesome things should be able to do things that don't make sense because they're awesome. I'm down with either explanation.

Only thing I have against it? This is the final form. I just feel like there's even more potential waiting in this line, maybe something more fierce looking, but oh well.


Overall: 9/10

2 comments:

  1. What I would imagine the final evolution being is a massive Komodo dragon or something of that sort.

    Completely unrelated, your rants seriously helped me out when I was in a tough spot. When I was a freshman in highschool, I had been bullied about my favorite friends, my Poke's, and thought that I was alone in this wonderful fandom. My older brother showed me one of them (you were on Beedrill at the time, just to show how flipping long ago that was), and I cannot even begin to describe how glad I was at that, and yeah. Mushy crap. Feels.

    Komodo dragon as Heliolisk's third stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, son, I'm touched. It's cool to know that this thing helped somebody, but that's what humor's for, right?

      thanks for sticking with me all these years!

      and if your brother's name is Greg, then say 'Hi' to him for me. otherwise nevermind.

      Delete