Saturday, March 22, 2014

No. 704: Goomy

Thanks, doc.

Okay, first things first - why aren't you a a Poison-type, or at least Bug-type? and why are you a Dragon type?

I mean, this is clearly a little slime dude, right? or like a slug thing? sure, it's cuter than heck, but... Draconian? Dragonic? Drakeish?

nah, not seeing it, personally.


Now, I know Goomy's evolutions are more deserving of the typing, but still. Trapinch didn't look like a dragon, and was Ground, and then evolved into being Ground/Dragon. Though perhaps that's not the best comparison, because it still picked up that Dragon sub-type too early, Vibrava didn't match either of its typings! I'm making myself mad again, just go back and read my posts on those assholes to know what I think of them.

But what do I think of Goomy? cool color scheme that we haven't seen before, different take on the slug/snail than what Slugma did, but I don't understand the typing.


Overall: 5/10

6 comments:

  1. Sliggoo and Goodra are both pure dragon types. It would be a bit messy for the Goomy to be a poison or bug type then suddenly drop that and be pure dragon for the next two stages.

    The other two could have been dual type to make that idea flow better, but I personally prefer things the way they are. Nothing about Goomy's evolutions strikes me as warranting an extra typing, aside from perhaps water. There's nothing really poisonous or bug-like about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You referenced the Espurr meme, why not Goomy? Even if to say how much you hate it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that I've been following this blog for a while, and you've inspired me to take my own crack at rating every pokemon. =D
    http://ratethatpokemon.com/
    It'd mean a lot if you'd check out my site~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. huh. I'm a little worried you might catch up to me, but I think I should be able to finish off these last 30 or so before then...

      I think...

      Delete
    2. oh, and enjoy gen 7 getting announced when you're only halfway through like gen 3. it's a strange feeling, mixture of "hot dog more pokemon" and "holy shit my workload just increased"

      Delete