Thursday, March 27, 2014

No. 706: Goodra

My name's Goodra and I like sticky hugs!

Awwww! I'd hug a Goodra, even though I might come out like Dan Aykroyd after getting Slimed. But I bet Goodra's slime smells like soap, because that's just the kind of guy he is.

He's also a fat-bottomed sauropod, joining Dragonite, Tyranitar, and other bottom-heavy drakes on the upper edge of the tier lists. Why is that, by the way? Don't any of these guys even lift? I mean, I know Conkeldurr does, but he's skipped leg day since the day he was born, so he's not a good role model, either. Well, there's always Machamp, that guy's body is a temple to Personal Health. Wait, I feel like I've gotten off track here, what were we talking about again?

oh right, slime dragon here. Well, he finally deserves his typing, though I think he could easily pick up a secondary typing like Poison or Water without much fuss. I also think it's neat how the "shell" just sorta moves down to the end of the tail. I just would maybe have rather seen a big-ass sloppy mollusk as the final stage? but then his type would be pants-on-head levels of "mistakes were made".

I guess it's not really fair to judge on what-ifs, but I can't help it. Goodra himself is cool, but sometimes... sometimes I just sit and think about... about what could have been...

overall: 7/10

3 comments:

  1. I never noticed that his tail was a continuation of the shell design element. One of my faults of Goodra was losing the shell, but now I have been shown the light!
    Personally, I love Goodra and wouldn't have him any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really would have liked this thing to be part Poison-type. Especially because it'd be symbolic of how Poison-type became more important in GenVI because of Fairy-type. It's still a good Pokemon, but I think they really missed the boat on that aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really would have liked this thing to be part Poison-type. Especially because it'd be symbolic of how Poison-type became more important in GenVI because of Fairy-type. It's still a good Pokemon, but I think they really missed the boat on that aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete