Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mega Evolution No. 9: Gyarados

From the first pictures it looks like Gyarados condensed himself up like Team Rocket's submarine, but it turns out that's not the case

He's just been lifting, is all. I mean, hell, look how swole his upper body got. And he even juicing with those fin supplements? damn, Gyar. keep at it, man. Just don't forget to do leg day. Or, uh, tail day. whatever.

So yeah, it looks like some perspective bullshit, but he actually just put on a lot of meat. and traded in that often-confusing Flying sub-type for a Dark sub-type instead. Still not Dragon, that would make sense, but I guess Dark suits it pretty well, too.

I don't know, this one looks unbalanced to me. Honestly, if the tail was shorter or thicker, it would look better. But then I'd be pissed that the frikker got shorter during Mega Evolution. so I guess you can't win? The red, black, blue, and yellow are not going well together, either. it looks like someone's shitty recolored sprite.

I'm also at this point wondering what the hell the process was in determining who gets a Mega. It ought to be Pokemon who could use some help, but it seems to be mainly Pokemon who were already good, or at least good enough. Gengar, Alakazam, Gyarados, these are all staples of every 8-year-old ever's Pokemon Blue Dream Team.


Overall: 4/10

1 comment:

  1. This just looks like crap to me.
    Instead of a baddass leviathan it looks a like an angry spiky tadpole.

    ReplyDelete