Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mega Evolution No. 5: Alakazam

Foolishness, Dante. Foolishness.

I like how we've just sort of accepted that spoons = psychic power at this point. We're so far beyond that stretched reference of Uri Geller, now we have Mega Alakazam just floating a bunch of spoons over his head like he's Verigil summoning his swords. Also he is full-on levitating, even if it doesn't gain said ability.

but I do have to say, I like how this one actually tries to advance the idea of the Pokemon somewhat. He's got a full yogi beard instead of just the mustache, voluminous sleeves, that hovering seated position, and even a forehead jewel. All while still keeping elements of the previous design and essentially the same color scheme.

Honestly, as silly as the floating spoons are, I like this guy a lot. I can imagine him as an actual fourth evolution, instead of some bizarre half-step or alternate form. And I guess that's what I want out of Mega Evolutions? to make me think "damn, I wish it could actually evolve into this and stay that way".

also, 175 Sp. Attack and 150 Speed is just crazy bananas. In case you don't realize how absolutely nuts that is, that makes it the 3rd most powerful Sp. Attack in the game, and tied for 3rd fastest.


Overall: 8/10

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. mega form

    ReplyDelete