Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mega Evolution No. 13: Ampharos

this will never not be hilarious

I mean, not a single bit of it makes a single bit of sense

Ampharos, of all Pokemon
gets a Mega Evolution
where it gains a Dragon sub-type
and grows luxurious flowing hair and nothing else

I guess it's sort of trying to make up for Amphy being all sheered, like I complained about iirc. making it wooly again. But with THAT hair? that Limozeen-brand hair? and the tail that looks like a whipped cream topping with cherries in it?

I want to give it points for being ridiculous, but, that awkward hair on top of that skinny neck, and how it just looks so frigging tacked on, like a bad sprite edit - I'm sorry, I just can't take it remotely seriously, or think it looks good on any objective level. Like Steven Tyler.

and this was one of the first ones they showed, too. Like they were so damn proud of this concept, THIS is what they wanted to represent this new idea of "Mega Evolution".

I don't know if I'll ever stop laughing.


Overall: 1/10


12 comments:

  1. You left a one out of your 11/10.
    I like all the jewels. SO MANY JEWELS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rate this review 1/10. Mega Ampharos is a majestic beast!
    Clearly you be trippin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Who could hate Ampahabulous?

      Delete
  3. I guess Mega-Ampharos gains a dragon subtype because it's japanese name is Denryu. Ryu is translated with dragon, so that would make sense. But I agree with you, it doesn't look like a dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his expression. He looks so unimpressed with the mess that he has become.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you considered that maybe it's supposed to be funny?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't listen to these people. Mega Ampharos is an abomination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like him more than Mewtwo or Charizard's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't talk shit about Steven Tyler, I will fight you irl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lie, I enjoy his music. But Steven Tyler looks like a caricature of Steven Tyler.

      Delete
  9. L'Oreal: Because Ampharos is worth it

    ReplyDelete