Saturday, December 18, 2010

No. 083: Farfetch'd

I'm not sure I even understand Farfetch'd.

He's a duck or a bird or something, and he carries around a leek. And... that's it.





Some pokemon are badass, some are cute, some are well-thought-out, some are stupid, some are bullshit, and then there are some that just confuse me.

Farfetch'd is such a one.

I seriously have no freaking idea what to think about him. I don't even understand why they named him "Far-fetched". Is the idea of a bird holding a leek so far-fetched? More than a turtle with water cannons or a mouse that shoots electricity from its cheeks? Why the pun? Why the leek? Why a duck? Why anything?

Some pokemon have me asking "what the hell", but Farfetch'd makes me ask "why? Why?"

and it doesn't even evolve, offering no further clues as to what on earth he means.



If anyone needs me, I'll be drinking myself into an eggnog stupor.

Overall: why /10

5 comments:

  1. Farfetch'd may be confusing at first, but when you understand him you will shit bricks.

    http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Farfetch%27d

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that still makes no sense. Ducks don't carry vegetables, that is stupid. Why would anyone even make such a dumbass saying in the first place.

    also hopy shit dude you just commented on tons of posts like they were no thing props to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in fire red, i traded a Pokemon for a Farfetch`d named chi`ding. sounds like cheating. and it was one from a character in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stop talking crap..Farfetchd is the shit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farfetch'd remains almost a meme at Smogon in the random battles, because he is unquestionably the worst Pokemon in the game, barring gimmicky prevos like Cosmog and Metapod.

    ReplyDelete