Wednesday, February 13, 2013

No. 604: Eelektross

these puns are keeling me

okay, now I'm gonna call some bullshit. When Eelektros drop down onto the battle stage, there is a visible impact and audible thump. And yet, he "levitates"? no. no goddamn way, Pokemon Black and/or White. I will not stand for this.

If the Pokemon has the ability to float, then I'd sure as hell better see him floating. Koffing floats. Magnemite floats. Eelektross just balances on these ridiculous tiny fin-legs. It pisses me off.

other than that, I guess he's okay. Face looks even more fearsome, the arms are cool. It would be insane if they had lamprey-mouths on them, too. But then that might take away from Hydreigon's gimmick. actually, now that I really look, he's kinda imbalanced. He ought to pitch face-forward at any second. Maybe the stupid fin thing is acting as a counter-weight?

Eelektros is just a little too floppy all over the place to be really good, and I'm still mad about him levitating while maintaining contact with the ground.


Overall: 5/10

5 comments:

  1. one thing I gotta say while on the electric pokemon. It pisses me off that the electric gym in black/white had so many emolgas. I know this isn't that pokemon, but same concept (kinda, not really at the same time). Townspeople "this here's an electric gym, better catch some ground pokemon!" *more than half the gym is emolgas* (maybe an exaggeration)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is knEELing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sprite designers messed up, in XY you can see him floating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gengar has levitate but doesn't levitate in any of its sprites either, but you didn't complain about that

    And he does float as of XY, so this entire review's kinda outdated

    ReplyDelete