Tuesday, April 2, 2013

No. 635: Hydreigon

King Ghidorah freaking rules, I don't think this is up for debate.

And at last, we come to the reason for the entire line. Someone just wanted a hydra-dragon thing. Which looks pretty badassed and creepy, I gotta admit. But as we all know, it isn't a true triple-headed threat - those smaller heads are more like hands, you can see the elbows and everything. Which again ties into the subliminal puppet theme I've been detecting.

Now, there's part of me that wants to decry Hydreigon for being edgy-emo-crawling-in-my-skin-2kool4skool-bullshit, but the other part of me is saying "goddamn, one of its heads was overwhelmed by the other, what must it be like to have your entire consciousness absorbed into another's, this is 100% messed up", and the other part of me is all "hot damn its a dragon that is also Dark-type and has three heads, this is amazing".


Overall: 7/10

1 comment:

  1. I really don't understand the emo commentary; by extension, couldn't this be said about every dark type?
    I mean, if he had a sad face somewhere hidden on his body or something, fair enough, but this guy is pure badass, even the dex entries are pure metal, it's just some kind of Hydra that ONLY has destruction in his mind.

    ReplyDelete