Tuesday, April 16, 2013

No. 641: Tornadus

sorry for the spotty performance this month. All I can say is that I am currently under Circumstances, please understand.


But forget all that, because right now the doctor delivered his daily dose, and it has taken the form of one of those frog gods from Wind Waker. Except a buff genie with a tail. And green/purple. And forget the "frog" part.

anyway, Tornadus marks the landmark first time there has ever been a pure Flying-type Pokemon, and I have to say I'm not only surprised it's taken so long, but kinda pissed. The dude is part of a trio, all of whom are Flying/Something, except for him. And he's not even the "leader" or anything. It's like if your choice of starters were Grass/Dark, Fire/Dark, and Dark. You'd be all "where's the water bro"

and as for the design itself, I think you can probably guess what I'm going to say: lookin' hella Digimon. Or more accurately, like a Dragon Quest enemy. I think it's the tail thing that's really throwing me, without that it would just be a buff troll in a cloud, but that tail is too prominent to ignore.

Incarnate Form: 2/10


but that's not all, this bugger has a New Alternate Forme™!

Okay, this is honestly better. Well, except for that orange belly-button piercing, that's just unforgivable. Also waitaminute, is that cleavage? no? just muscles? okay, but...

the tail is being put to better use here, and the wings are kinda cool. Looks more like a Pokemon, at least. I like it a lot more, but it still isn't that great. And the method to even get this form requires buying some 3D let's-pretend-we-aren't-pokemon-snap app, screw that noise.

Therian Form: 4/10


Overall: 3/10

1 comment:

  1. Digimon seems too be the theme for the last couple entries, but I guess the buff genies are still better than the three twerps from last season. At least these designs would be decent in other titles

    ReplyDelete