Monday, April 1, 2013

No. 9001: Krysteel

Man, Gen 67 legendaries kinda blow, huh.


Aside from the hideously awful pun of a name, Krysteel is a walking, talking, pile of diamond-coated shit. It balks in the face of reason, and pisses all over the dinner of good design sense. There isn't a single redeemable line on this ass, and believe me, there are a ton of lines.

like the nine million tiny screws, for example. Just freaking bolting the metal onto the crystal, I guess. And then you have the stunted tail, and the pitiful excuse for legs. Are those feet? stumps? diseased elephant kneecaps? I have no clue.

It's the random patches of brown that get me. Which sometimes have even more crystals growing out of them, because the creator of this masterpiece took one look at Warhammer 40k and thought "Those space marines aren't wearing nearly enough necessary details", and then continued to just frigging draw and draw and draw until her hand hurt.

At last we come to the head (we're bypassing the arms, they're shitty btw) and find out that at no point did anyone involved with this have any sort of clue whatsoever what they were doing. Is there a jaw? maybe. Why is there gold rims on the yes? who knows. Should those spikes make an attempt to point in the same direction? probably, but they sure as hell don't! It's times like these that make me really wonder where it all went wrong. My money's on Gen 53, nothing's been right since.

but yeah, Krysteel is just such an abomination, I'm feeling viscerally ill right now. and I don't even have to say how overused Steel/Ice is, do I?


Overall: 1/10

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're still into pokemon at Gen 67. Everyone knows that Gen 42 was the best, especially as it introduced such awesome non-ripoffs as Nautilusius, Kuriboboh and Pikachan.

    I think your just doing this because you got your own TV show with Scarlett Johanson. Sell-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duuuuuuude wtf!!! That is, like, my favorite pokemon...of course behind its 8 evolution streams (krysilisisis being the best). When are you going to cover the rest 1,083 of this gen, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the german version its Eisighart made up from the words Eis (Ice) and hart (hard). Its a pun on Eisenhart (hard as iron).

    Yeah, you know that german language gave up on being clever with those pokemon at Gen 57

    ReplyDelete