Friday, June 7, 2013

What Next?

Now that my life has calmed down, I've taken some time to think about what to do with this blog for the next few months. As you are no doubt aware, the next generation of Pokemon will hit NA and Japanese shores this October, in a simultaneous release. This is super exciting, not only because they are new pokymanz in threeDEEEEEEE, but because for perhaps the first time since RBY, we won't have any spoilers from Japan.

You can go into this game fresh as a newborn babe, with no idea who's lurking in that grass, who will be a cool dude, and who will be ugly and lame. it's a neat idea, and it'll be a lot of fun.

but, that still leaves us with June, July, August, September, and probably half of October. and I'm out of Pokemon. So, after asking a few times and reading comments and such, I have a few ideas:

1. Review the gym leaders and elite 4 members - with 40 gym leaders, and around 25 elite 4 members, that should keep me busy for a while.

2. re-review controversial pokemon - sometimes, the people, they don't like the things I say and do online. if anyone feels strongly that I unjustly harpooned their favorite, or maybe that I overlooked the grievous flaws in their least-favorite, let me know! maybe I'll give them another look-over.

3. sit around and bide my time - this is going to happen at some point, no matter what. updates will hopefully happen more often than they have in the past month, but I'm certainly not aimed for update-a-day. I just won't have enough content.

4. romhack - I'm working on a romhack for Emerald. I might post some stuff about that, I don't know, it depends on how good I end up feeling about the thing.

5. something else? - or is there anything else you peeps would like to see me do with the site? I'd like to keep it Pokemon-related, please.


remember, wherever you post a comment, I get notified. so if you ask me something on a post that was a year ago, I will still see it, and might reply! I've replied to quite a few such comments, so go ahead and check back if you honestly were expecting a response.

12 comments:

  1. Maybe you could review the enemies from HarmoKnight and Pokestar Studios as if they were Pokemon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "Review the Gym Leaders" Idea. Taking into account how they look, what the Gym itself is about, what pokemon they have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gym leaders idea. You could review moves and items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The people from Conquest look more like pokemon. Why don't you review the warlords?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe rate some character designs? A fun review of the Pokemon manga?
    You have almost endless options for a pokemon fanblog
    Rating some character designs seems like a neat idea, compare every protagonist, look at each doctor indivually, lots of potential there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gym leaders would be p cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gym Leaders would be really cool. I'd like to hear your opinions on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should rate the pokemon anime dub openings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely Gym Leaders and Elite four!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could review the character designs of the Protagonist in all five generations. I also like the idea of review Gym Leaders and Elite Four. Both their character design and Pokemon team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah Gym leaders and elite 4 go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE THIS!

    I hope the Battle frontier and maybe the Protagonists and Rival design will be included, but then again: You started it, so I will see MUHAHAHAHAZHAH

    (technically Gary/Blue is a Gymleader and a Champ, so we will see)

    ReplyDelete