Sunday, December 21, 2014

Elesa of Nimbasa City

"Let it go, let it - " oh wait, Elesa, not Elsa. Nevermind.

She's stylish, she's poised, she's hip, and I can't decide if those are flesh-colored panels on her front, or actual cut-outs. I'm hoping for the latter.

Elesa is really cool. Not only does she have her colors down, but her heaphones look like gigantic earbuds, except maybe the tips of those cords can be used to electrocute people. I don't know.

But I do know that she's hella chic, and so the nation-wide search for an exemplary Unova Gym Leader at last comes to an end - we've found our girl. Her gym is also pretty cool, and I liked her hometown a lot as well. I spent more time there than I did in the supposed "big city" of Castellia.


I'm not sure I like her second outfit as much, because it seems a little too lady Gaga for me. I guess that's the point, because she's a fashion model? But the gigantic puffy coat really isn't working thematically with her swimear-looking outfit, and you've lose the earbud connection with her headphones, meaning the random red just seems... random.

It's like she Mega Evolved, and turned out about as well as most Megas. And since I took previous redesigns into account, I'm afraid this has to count against her overall score. A pity.


Overall: 8/10

6 comments:

  1. Not to mention, her hair changes color :s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I liked her blonde hair. But it seems it would look out of place on her B2W2 design.

      Delete
  2. "It's like she Mega Evolved"

    That blew my mind, you're absolutely spot on. Gamefreak was foreshadowing Mega Evolution from the very beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated her Emolga with its stupid Volt Switch. It pissed me to no end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're actual cutouts in the shirt by the way

    ReplyDelete