Saturday, June 3, 2017

No. 785: Tapu Koko

I'm in love with the koko

The Tapu-series are interesting Legendaries because they actually go with the theme of the region. I mean, Xerneas and Dialga could have swapped designs and it wouldn't have really mattered. But the Tapus are specifically Polynesian, which is kinda neat.

There's a cool quality to seeing how they fold up into their shells - reminds me of high-quality McDonalds' Transformers toys. And I mean that in a good way! Another reason you can't just judge a Pokemon on its still artwork alone anymore.

But at the same time, wow those giant half-shells on your arms must be awkward. I appreciate the gimmick, but I think I'd honestly like Tapu Koko even more if it were just a cool little dude with claw-hands and a radical mohawk.


Overall: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment