Friday, June 9, 2017

No. 788: Tapu Fini

If you've never read about the Fenian raids, which were when Irish terrorists attempted to invade Canada, conquer it, and then trade it to Britain in exchange for Ireland, you should look that up.

There's a few concepts at work here, but unlike Tapu Bulu, I think they lead into eachother - it's kinda a clam shell, kinda a marlin, and kinda a waifu. Er, I mean, kinda a mermaid. Tapu Fini is coming up out the water like the Birth of Venus or something, except with flotation wings.

It's no coincidence that my favorite Tapu are the ones who actually use their shell gimmick to look like things that could/should be hiding in a shell. The main body itself is nicely designed, and the shell looks cool, too. Actually, you know what? It's giving me Pelipper flashbacks. I don't blame Tapu Fini one bit for wanting to spend her life encased in a gentle, mouth-shaped capsule. A shame there's no room in there for me, I'll have to find my own mouth to live in and fly around and see the world.

Now here's the 500-dollar question - what does the T on her forehead stand for? Tapu? No, that's too obvious. Tsunami? Temptation? Triple Double? Terrance? Let me know in the comments what you think! (note: there is no actual $500 prize)


Overall: 10/10

4 comments:

  1. >kinda a waifu
    Yep, totally not a Poképhile. :P
    Jokes aside, I would've thought the T stood for "Tapu" too, but the problem is its original Japanese name is "Kapu-Rehire", with a K, so it would be a bit weird if the Japanese team designed it with its English name in mind. That T shape actually looks very out of place, maybe it would be better without it. Still my favourite of the Kapu/Tapu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bruh review the others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's dead

      Delete
    2. Not dead, merely in Hawaii. So pretty much the opposite!

      Delete