Friday, June 30, 2017

No. 789: Cosmog

Back from my Alolan vacation and ready to roll again! Sorry for the lack of heads-up this time.

And who is here to greet me, but this Super Mario Galaxy reject, Mario & Luigi ass, not-in-the-bag piece of stardust - Nebby T. Nebster himself. That's right, it's Cosmog.

Actually, let me dial it back a bit. I don't hate Cosmog. I've long been a champion for a Cosmic-type (though I have now come to believe that it wouldn't be practical without a major overhaul of the entire type system) so it's always neat to see new potential Cosmics.

And despite all the memes, I don't really hate Nebby, either. I thought it was a good way to introduce the legendary early in the game, make it a focal point of the plot from the get-go, and let you build up some interest and relationship with it before you eventually capture it. Kinda like how the movies do it. And while the Pokemon movies are certainly no Citizens Kane, they usually have more interesting plots than the games.

So it looks like I must issue an apology - Nebby (aka Cosmog): You Are All Right. Still look like you came straight outta Paper Mario, tho


Overall: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment