Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Beta No. 173: Cleffa

makes me think of Super Mario Sunshine

I'm on record for absolutely hating the pink shitstains known as Cleffa and Igglybuff. And baby Pokemon in general, because they so often feel like chibi forms of already cute Pokemon, it's sickeningly sweet.

But this beta-Cleffa, like beta-Pichu, doesn't really give me that vibe. It's not similar enough for that, but it still reeks of a hastily slapped together design. The only thing I'll say for it is that it reminds me of that other un-used design, not from the Spaceworld demo, but from a promotional illustration.

Maybe there was a connection? Because where the hell did this acid trip of a design come from otherwise? There's a beta-Hitmontop that we'll get to later, and that doesn't even look like this! So I have no clue. All I know is, Cleffa sucking is a universal constant, no matter which timeline you're in.


Overall: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment