Sunday, October 28, 2018

Beta No. 181: Anchorage

I can never remember whether Anchorage is in Maine or Alaska. They're both impossibly cold, frozen wastelands to me.

it's funny how "water/steel shark" has been a popular fakemon creation for years, and it turns out Gamefreak even entertained the idea, once upon a time! I guess they scrapped it, then revisited it later with Sharpedo (kinda) but still.


I think this kicks all sorts of ass. It also provides a great look at the evolution of the design philosophy - compare Sharpedo's pattern with hard lines and extra details, to Anchorage, who is just a normal-ass shark. Well, half of one, anyway. Everybody seems to love this Pokemon, and I'm no exception. Shark + Anchor, a combination as classic as Peanut Butter + Chocolate.


Overall: 10/10

1 comment: