Thursday, March 4, 2021

No. 865: Sirfetch'd

shuba shuba shuba 

After truly learning the ways of the sword... er, leek, Sirfetch'd gains a noble countenance and heroic gleam in his eye. Truly, this duck has become the parfit gentil knight. I just wish that Don Patch Sword was a little bit smaller?

like, Galarian Farfetch'd actually seemed to have better proportions with his oversized weapon - it was big, but like Timburr's 2x4 you can imagine him swinging it around with all his might. But Sirfetch'd sword is more like a lance, and with those tiny legs I can't believe he gets any leverage on that thing. I think it's fun and cool to have a big weapon, but I've always been a nitpicky bastard and I think it ought to be maybe 70% as big? Here, look at this:
idk somehow that just looks more balanced to me. Anyway, Sirfetch'd is pretty cool even with his big ol' leek. I'd trust him to save me, if I were a damsel in distress.


Overall: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the leek. It's unfounded, but I feel like they're trying to mimic Alolan Exeggutor by giving these regional forms really long features. Things like the leek, Weezing's hats, or Meowths bigmacs form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure it was designed to be a Lance, which would explain why it’s bigger than a sword.

    https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-galar-region/sirfetchd/

    “In battle, Sirfetch’d uses the sharp stalk of its leek as a lance and the thick leaves as a shield,”

    There’s also official art of Sir’s Meteor Assault signature move which has it doing a running charge ala a lance.



    ReplyDelete