Friday, March 26, 2021

No. 874: Stonjourner

 Let me speak the Stonjourner Truth:

I do not care about Stonjourner. Usually that's reserved for the most generic, basic Pokemon, but in this case it applies to Stonjourner, who would not be out of place in Super Paper Mario. That's not to say I hate it, merely that I had forgotten about it completely until just now and even when wracking my brain I can't find a single opinion to share about it.

The whole design feels like somebody said "hey what about a Stonehenge Pokemon? that's in England, right?" and they drew a sketch on a napkin and that was it. And to that end, it succeeded - I instantly see it and think of Stonehenge, but it's not cool enough to want to use, or weird enough to catch my interest.

The way the mud on its feet doesn't cover the stone "lacing" on its "shoes" is strange? I think that's the most I'm willing to say on the subject of Stonjourner.


Overall: 4/10

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, what a waste of a Pokemon. Firstly, the design looks like an actual child came up with it. Secondly, even with a design like that, it seems like it has some magical abilities with those floating square rocks, and its connection with stonehenge would make it a pretty good candidate for a fairy or psychic subtype, but nope, pure rock, and even its stats are just the generic "high physical low special" stats for most rock types. Meh, just the lamest thing in my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me of Super Paper Mario, I knew it reminded me of something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Stonjourner Is really cute

    ReplyDelete