Saturday, December 25, 2021

Gigantamax no. 19: Toxtricity

Merry Christmas! Your present this year - THRASH METAL
looking like a monster from a Studio Trigger anime, Gigantamax Toxtricity has some big shoes to fill. Toxtricity was one of my favorite from the generation, and its kaiju form kinda fumbles the bag. I don't like it when they go back to quadrupedal, and while I understand that its tail is meant to look like a radio tower I don't think emphasizing the diaper is the element you should still be carrying from Toxel.

The wild eyes and tongue are fun, and it does a good job incorporating the yellow and blue from both forms of Toxtricity. It's not bad. Just not as awesome as it could be.

Many of these Gigantamax have another piece of artwork, depicting them in action, and I've ignored them because I don't think Gigantamax as a concept deserves that amount of respect. But I'll make an exception for this, because Gigantamax Toxtricity smashing shit with its electric guitar is so radical that it kinda redeems the whole thing for me.


Overall: 700/1000

2 comments:

  1. "Hey guys look at me! Remember when I used to wear a diaper? Throwback to that! It was like my whole thing, I'm gonna bring it back."

    Is something this dude could have said. Just like, you know, any old regular human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S: Merry Christmas, Straw Hat! Good on you for sticking to the bit and posting every day!

    ReplyDelete