Saturday, March 7, 2015

Hoenn Redux Roundup Part 3

Sidney

Holy shit, Sid looking Triad af. Dude looks like he would cut your fingers off if you cheated at a Pokemon battle. Before he looked like a kind of slick billiard ace, but this looks much more Dark, I like it. I like it a lot.

Overall: 10/10
Previously

Phoebe

One of the few instances wheree it's exactly the same design. Like, completely. So, uh, all my previous comments about her being cute (but why Ghost?) still apply.

Overall: 8/10
Previously

Glacia

Before, she looked vaguely like some sort of viking shield maiden. Now, she looks much colder, and more elegant. I'm glad she dropped the pants-under-dress thing, and dose gloves look great. I admire Gamefreak's creative integrity in NOT just making her literally Elsa.

Overall: 8/10
Previously

Drake

Another design that really hasn't changed at all. Still the captain of his fate, and master of his soul. Still rocking the no-shirt-long-coat-jeans-tucked-into-pants like he's Dante. Still with that magnificent 'stache. Still more nautical that Dragonical.

Overall: 9/10
Previously

Stephen Stone

Okay, somebody shrunk his pants in the wash. Those things are clinging far too tightly to his shapely legs. He seems more svelte in general, not that he was ever husky, and I don't think I like it as much. The open jacket seems to go in line with making him more fabuous, though I gotta say the inside being shiny silver is pretty dope. And I dig the silver crowns for cuffs. It's not bad at all, but rather taking him in a "harlequin prince" sort of direction, instead of "cool businessman" like he was before.

Overall: 9/10
Previously

2 comments:

  1. Am I the only one that thought Death the Kid when I saw Stephen Stone? I mean, he has the same rings, the same suit, the same 'classy but loose' style, he's just missing the skull motif and the hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason they try to amp up Steven 's "Bishonen" thing, many character in PV talk about how handsome he is etc.

    ReplyDelete